These instructions are not meant to replace or supersede any training provided by your administrators. The pages that follow are written as basics for all HMIS customers and may not reflect the HMIS template or customizations for your particular enterprise.
Before starting to enter data it is best to understand ETO Language.
HMIS Data Entry Process
2. If the client does not exist yet in the system, you can go to 'Add New Family' to add the participant, as well as any family members. ALL HMIS PARTICIPANTS NEED TO BE ENROLLED IN A FAMILY IN EACH SITE.
3. Once the participant(s) are enrolled and in a family, go to their View/Edit page and ensure that all the required demographics are answered.
There are certain demographics required by HUD:
Note: DV Programs are exempt from providing the SSN
The following steps include taking the HUD Assessment one of the following ways:
4. Record a Project Start HUD Assessment Touchpoint for each client at project entry. Make sure the Touchpoint 'date taken' matches the client's program start date. Ideally, the questions should be asked directly to the client and answered by the client. Data entry personnel are not to be answering HUD Assessment questions based on observation alone.
5. Record additional Touchpoints as necessary for the client (specific to project type):
Financial Assistance Provided (HOPWA or SSVF)
Services Provided (HOPWA, PATH, RHY, SSVF)
Referrals Provided (PATH)
Veteran Information (SSVF) - a client only needs one per site
Outreach and Service Contact
Outreach and Services Engagement
Aftercare Plans (RHY)
6. Record a Project Annual Assessment HUD Assessment Touchpoint within +/-30 days of the client's anniversary in the program.
7. Record a Project Update HUD Assessment Touchpoint if something changes for the client (new job, new disability, change in income, etc.)
8. Record an Project Exit HUD Assessment Touchpoint when a client leaves the project. Make sure the Touchpoint 'date taken' matches the client's program end date.
9. Dismiss Families/Clients