Adding a family using existing participants is useful when you have individuals receiving service who now need to receive services as a family unit. Once the family is created, it will have a dashboard. Modifications to the family can be made using the View/Edit Families feature.
To Create a New Family:
- On the navigation bar, click Participants.
- Select View/Edit Families.
- Click View Participants Not Currently in a Family.
- Click on the name of the participant who should be Head of Household.
- You will arrive at the View/Edit Family screen for your newly created family.
- The family name will automatically be the participant's name. You can change this by clicking the Edit Family Name button.
- Click the Search for Others link at the bottom of the table.
- Search by first or last name to find the next family member, or do a blank search to return all participants.
- Check the box next to the name(s) of the participant(s) you want to add to the family.
- Click Add New Members to Family at the bottom of the page.
- You will be able to set the family relationships for the new members when you return to the family's View/Edit page.