These steps will guide users through the process to generate a HMIS Data Pull. A HMIS Data Pull is an export in the HUD standard CSV format. This process is required to send data to HUD for reporting as well as in exporting data to a HMIS Repository.
1. Select Reports on the Navigation Bar.
2. Select Manage HMIS Data Pulls.
3. Click the Create Data Pull button at the top left.
4. Enter export parameters. It is helpful to include a readable version of the CSV files to include the names of participants as well as text responses.
5. Click the Submit button.
Note: To run a data pull from a Program Group, please select "Program Group" from the "Scope" drop-down. After this, a new field will appear to select the specific program group.
At this point, the Data Pull will be placed in queue and will process based on its position in queue. The user will be free to navigate away from this page while the Data Pull is processing. A check mark will be visible next to the description of the Data Pull when complete.
Note: Large data sets will take longer to run and can cause issues for other pull requests in the queue.
6. Within the Take Action column, select an option to work with the Data Pull:
"Open" will open the Data Pull within ETO to check the CSVs generated by the process.
"Download" will allow the user to save the CSV files.
"Delete" will delete the Data Pull from the list.
7. To use your data pull to generate a HUD report, click "Go to Reporting Site." You can find detailed steps on using ETO HMIS Reporting here.