Signatures can be collected via an electronic signature pad in TouchPoints. TouchPoints can capture signatures via any touchscreen device such as an iPad or via a mouse or laptop track pad. The best hardware to use can be found here.
Configuring the Electronic Signature for use in Touchpoints
In order to collect an electronic signature, the TouchPoint must include one of more electronic signature-type elements designated for electronic signatures. If the "Electronic Signature" element type is not available, contact your account manager to confirm the functionality has been enabled.
Recording the Electronic Signature
- Click the "Sign" button above the signature line.
- For users on a computer, a pop-up box will open. At this point, the user can use the electronic signature pad (if available) or use their mouse or track pad to sign.
- For users on a tablet or mobile device, the signature window will become active and allow for a signature submission.
- Click the "Clear" button to clear the signature and re-sign.
- Click the "Save" button to save the signature and then proceed to submit the touchpoint.
When Printing the review page of the touchpoint response, if the signature is showing as an X instead of the image, adjust your Internet Explorer settings and add the Trusted Sites recommended in our Technical FAQs for ETO System Requirements. You may also want to turn off the setting in your browser to "Print Background Images".
In order to format Electronic Signature objects for print in BO 4, you must first create a variable to replace the generic url placeholder with the correct URL for your ETO environment, use another formula to isolate the image URL, then format the cell to display as Image URL. This differs from prior methods that just required the replacement of the generic url placeholder and the cell to be displayed at HTML. This method still works to display the image in Edit mode but this image will no longer print.
To Render Electronic Signature objects for print
- Add a variable called "Signature"
- In this variable, use this formula to replace the generic URL placeholder with the correct ETO software URL for your environment:=Replace([Electronic signature_26977*];"urlPlaceHolder";"https://secure.etosoftware.com") *replace with the electronic signature object from your report
- In the cell in which you would like to display your Signature Image, add this formula to isolate the image URL:=Substr([Signature];Pos([Signature];"https");Pos([Signature];" alt")-Pos([Signature];"https")-1)
- Right Click on the cell
- Select Format Cell
- On the General Tab, in the Display Section, Select "Read content as:" Image URL
- Select OK
Reporting on Touchpoint Electronic Signatures
Your Electronic Signature Image should now be displayed correctly. This display will be maintained through Print display and export to PDF.
Users can report on TouchPoint Electronic Signatures within the flattened TouchPoint folders and through the standard TouchPoint universe.
In the example of a Results report based on the Standard TouchPoint universe below, Electronic Signature element is set up as an HTML cell with value coming from a ‘Signature Image’ variable. The formula in this variable replaces ‘urlPlaceHolder’ string with actual ETOSoftware URL, which differs with environment.
=Replace([Answer as Signature HTML];"urlPlaceHolder";"https://secure.etosoftware.com")
Be sure to set the Cell Display to "Hyperlink" in order to see the signature.