The Results 4.2 upgrade includes a number of additional features including an Auto-Save function. When you are editing a report, Results will automatically save your progress every 5 minutes in case you are disconnected for any reason. It does not save the report file that you’re working on, instead it saves a copy into the My Favorites > ~WebIntelligence folder.
Results will not save multiple copies of each report, the save file is overwritten every 5 minutes, but if you are working on multiple reports at the same time it will save each in its own file.
While there is no way to prevent these auto-saved reports from showing on View Reports, you are able to delete them, or hide them using View Reports (NEW).
To delete the copy of the report, you can follow these steps:
- On the navigation bar on the left side of ETO, expand Reports
- Select ETO Results to open the reporting dashboard
- Select Documents in the top left corner. This should open up your My Favorites folder
- Under My Favorites, select the ~WebIntelligence folder
- Right click on the name of the report you would like to delete
- On the fly-out menu, hover over Organize
- Select Delete
- Click OK to delete the report
Alternately, you can use View Reports (NEW) to access reports, rather than View Reports. View Reports (NEW) allows you to set the security on which reports show and who is able to view them.
Deleting these reports will not delete the original copy. While the reports do auto-save every five minutes, it is still highly recommended to save the report often to prevent the loss of any changes.