The referral feature allows you to refer a participant, multiple participants, or an entity to another program or entity. Using referrals is a good way to track a participant as they move through different programs in an Enterprise.
Note: If the desired program name is not available when making a referral please check the following:
- Is the participant already enrolled in the desired program? You cannot send a referral to a program where the participant already has an active enrollment.
- Is the program set to receive referrals? In Manage Programs each program has a "Accepts Referrals" checkbox that must be enabled.
- Is the Referral form set to send referrals to this program? Under the referral form settings, Manage Referral Destination Visibility allows for further control of where a referral form can be sent
- Is this a Site to Site referral? Check Manage Sites to ensure the Sites allow referrals to be accepted.
Sending a Referral
- On the navigation bar, click Referrals.
- Select Add Referral.
3. Select the appropriate referral form from the drop-down.
4. Check the box next to the participant(s) you are referring.
5. Click the Next button.
6. Fill in the Start Date for Multiple Participant Referrals
Note: For Single Participant Referrals the Start Date does not appear on the form. This is a known limitation. The Start Date will default to Today. If your organization needs to record back dated or future dated start dates, we recommend adding a required custom date object to the form.
7. Select the Services Needed if available.
- Services Needed is a Referral Form Setting under Manage Referrals.
- It is controlled by Feeder Table values to match participant needs to program offerings.
8. Fill out the Referral Form.
9. Check the box next to the program(s) and/or entity(ies) that you would like to refer the participant to.
For Multiple Participant Referrals select each participants individual tab to note the program / entity they are going to.
10. Confirm the referral information and decide whether or not to dismiss the participant from their current program.
14. Click the Confirm button.