This option will allow you to either insert or update entities via Batch Upload and does not require you to enter attributes that would normally be required in the software. This is a legacy feature that should be used sparingly in favor of the new Entity Batch Upload.
Step 1 – On the navigation bar, click on Site Administration. Then select Batch Upload.
Step 2 – Under the Generate Template heading, select Entity (required attributes not required) from the drop-down and then click the Generate Template button.
Step 3 – A prompt will appear. Select Open to open the spreadsheet template.
Some Notes On the Legacy Entity Batch Upload Template
- A spreadsheet will open with columns based on the demographics that are required for a Entity Batch Upload:
- Entity Name - The name of the entity
- Entity Type - Entity types are hardcoded in ETO software. Your options are: Administrative, Billing Provider, Businesses, Classes, Education Institution, Employer, Facility, Funding Source, Individual, Property, Referral Source, Service Providers, or Vendor.
- Entity Sub Type - Different subtypes are available based on the entity type you chose. Subtypes are determined by administrators using the Define Entity Sub-Types feature.
- Individual - Is this entity an individual or is it a business? Type 1 for individual or 0 for a business.
- Address 1, Address 2, Zipcode, Phone Number - Enter the contact information for the entity.
- Notes - Add any notes you would like the make about the entity.
- Title, FirstName, MiddleInitial, LastName, Address, ZipCode, Email, Number Type, PhoneNumber - These information fields are for the name, address, and contact number for a contact within the organization.
- Program - The name of the program the entity should be enrolled in.
- Start Date - The date the entity should be enrolled into the program.
Step 4 – Enter your information into the spreadsheet and then hit save.
- Be sure to delete the sample information and the instructions listed on the spreadsheet.
Step 5 – Under the Upload File heading, select Entity (required attributes not required) from the drop-down. Then click the Select file button.
- This is where the actual file upload will start.
Step 6 – Find the file you wish to upload from your computer and click the Open button. Once it is ready, it will display "Done" with a green check mark. Click the Begin Upload button.
Errors – If there is an error in your spreadsheet, the upload will not be successful. You will get the following error message. Click the OK button, then go back to your spreadsheet, correct the errors, and upload the file again.
Success – If your file is successfully uploaded, you will see the information under the Complete tab at the bottom of the Batch Upload page. The upload type will be Legacy Entity.
If you click on the File Name, you will see the log details for the upload.