Step 1 – Navigate to the proper management page (Manage TouchPoints, Manage Collection Types, or Manage Referral Forms).
Step 2 – Click on the Question Settings button and select Calculations from the drop-down.
Step 3 – You will see the following options:
- Return button - Return to managing the TouchPoint, referral form, or collection type.
- New Calculation - Create a new calculation.
- Search/Filter - You can search through all calculations for that particular form by either the calculation name or the questions used in the calculation.
- Edit - Edit the calculation.
- Disable - Disable the calculation.
- Delete - Delete the calculation.
Step 4 – Click the New Calculation button.
Step 5 – Give the calculation a descriptive name.
Step 6 – Select the first question to include in the calculation from the drop-down.
- Only questions with numeric/weighted answers or date answers will appear.
- For date answers, the calculation will find the difference between two dates or populate a date field as a result of a calculation with the first date and a numeric answer.
Step 7 – Alternately, a constant number can be included in a calculation if Number is chosen from the Question/Number drop-down.
Step 8 – Select the calculation to do with this number and the number that will be provided next. Calculations available include:
- Equal to
Step 9 – A second question can be added by pressing the plus (+) sign to the right of the operation drop-down.
- You can also get rid of a question by selecting the minus sign (-) to the right of a operation.
Step 10 – Repeat steps 6 - 9 until all questions and operations needed for the calculation are included.Step 11 – For the last question included in the calculation, the operator must be selected as Equals.
Step 12 – Select to either populate an existing question with the result of the calculation or create a new, separate field for the result to appear in.
- Selecting New Question will take you to a screen to create a new question for the calculation to populate.
Step 13 – If you selected Existing Question, choose the question from the drop-down. If you created a new question, it should be automatically selected.
Step 14 – Check the box if you would like the calculation to display a Calculate button.
- The default is to have the calculation done automatically.
Step 15 – Check the box if you would like to allow users to overwrite the calculation result in the corresponding field.
- By default the user is not able to change the result.
- In both cases the user will see the result of the calculation.
- Navigate to the proper management page (Manage TouchPoints, Manage Collection Types, or Manage Referral Forms)
- Click the Question Settings button
- Select Calculations from the drop-down
- You can edit, disable, or delete an existing calculation
- Click the New Calculation button
- Give the calculation a name
- Select the first question to include in the calculation
- Select the calculation from the drop-down
- Click the plus sign (+) to add another line
- Repeat steps 6 - 9 as needed
- The last question in the calculation must have an operator as Equals
- Select to either populate an existing question with the result of the calculation or create a new, separate field for the result to appear in.
- If you create a new question, you will be taken to the Add Question page
- Select either the existing answer or the new question from the drop-down
- Check the box if you would like to display a Calculate button
- Check the box if you would like users to overwrite the calculation result