When set up and enabled on the Manage Programs screen, a participant workflow template will give the user a quick guide at the top of the page with links that will take them to specific actions.
Keep in mind that Quick Start is the default name assigned to this feature, but it can be renamed by the Site Administrator.
Step 1 – On the Navigation Bar, click Site Administration. Then select Manage Programs (NEW).
Step 2 – Find the program you wish to setup a workflow template for and click Edit in the Take Actions column.
- You can only add workflow templates to programs that already exist. You will not be able to add a workflow template on the Add New Program page.
Step 3 – On the Information and Settings tab, scroll to the bottom of the page and click on the Participant Workflow button.
Step 4 – Check the box next to Enable the Participant Workflow Module for [Program Name] to enable the workflow.
Step 5 – You can rename the workflow from the default "Quick Start" to anything you like by clicking in the text box.
Step 6 – Click Save.
Step 7 – The page will save and reload. Click on Add an Action.
Step 8 – Select an action type from the drop-down.
- You will have three options: Point of Service Element, Assessment, and Referral.
Step 9 – Give the action a name by clicking in the text box.
Step 10 – Click Add.
Step 11 – If desired, repeat steps 7 - 10 to add additional actions.
Step 12 – You can Edit an action by clicking the Edit link on the right.
Step 13 – You can Delete an action by clicking the Delete link on the right.
Step 14 – You can reorder the actions by clicking the drop-down under the # column and selecting a different number than the one currently assigned to the action.
Step 15 – Click Save to save all changes.
Step 16 – Refresh the page and you will see the workflow at the top of the page.
Step 17 – Perform a quick search for the participant you wish to work with in the workflow.
Step 18 – Click on the participant's name in the search results. This will cause a fly out window to appear.
Step 19 – Click Quick Start or whatever it is the workflow has been renamed to (in the screenshot below, it was Steps to match a participant to an adoptable child).
Step 20 – The participant will now show in the Quick Start area and you will be taken directly to the first step in the workflow (take an assessment, point of service element, or referral).
A workflow will help move users through the process of working with a client in ETO.
This workflow feature is not as robust as our new workflow add-on but can be a good alternative to those organizations who do not have it.
- Navigation Bar > Site Administration > Manage Programs (NEW)
- Click Edit on the program you wish to add the workflow to
- Scroll to the bottom of the Information Settings Tab
- Click on the Participant Workflow button
- Check the box next to Enable the Participant Workflow Module for [Program Name]
- Rename Quick Start if you desire
- Click Save
- Click Add an Action
- Select an action type from the drop-down
- Give the action a name
- Click Add
- If desired, repeat steps 8 - 11
- Edit an action by clicking the Edit link
- Delete an action by clicking the Delete link
- Reorder the actions by clicking the drop-down under the # column and selecting a different number than the one currently assigned
- Click Save
- Refresh the page
- Perform a quick search for the participant you wish to work with
- Click the participant's name in the search results
- Click Quick Start (or whatever you renamed it to in step 6) in the fly out window