This element creates a question with multiple answers available. You can allow users to choose one answer or multiple answers.
Step 1 - Select the list type. You will have two choices:
- Pick one (one answer only)
- Check all that apply (multiple answers)
- Display choices in a drop-down menu
Step 3 - Enter the question text in the text box.
Step 4 - Decide if you want to use weighted values to create an association between the choice and a numeric value.
- By doing this, the numeric values can be used to create calculations and/or track change and analyze increases or decreases over time.
Step 5 - Decide if you want to limit element choice completion. This option limits the number of times a choice can be selected per program or site enrollment.
- When recording a TouchPoint, the user will receive a message if the limit was reached and the user will not be able to submit the response until a different choice is selected.
Step 6 - You can perform the following actions on the answers grid:
- 1. Sequence - Reorder the answers by typing numbers into the box in the order they should appear in with 1 being the first.
- 2. Value (text) - Enter text for each answer. You do not need to fill out all options.
- 3. Weight (number) - This column will only be available if you are using weighted values. Enter a number for the weight of each answer.
- 4. Number of Times - This column will only be available if you are limiting the number of times an answer can be selected per program or site enrollment. Enter a number of times for each answer.
- 5. Minus sign - Click this button to delete an answer.
- 6. Plus sign - Click this button to add a blank answer option. The blank answer will show under whichever answer you clicked the plus sign on.
- 7. Drag and drop - You can rearrange the order of the answers by clicking on an answer, dragging it to the order you wish for it to appear in and then dropping it.
- 8. Add # of choices - Put a number in the box and click the Add button to add that many blank answer lines to the table.
Step 7 - Select if you would like to track the weighted values when looking for change over time.
- This option should be used in conjunction with the weighted values option.
- For example, this can be useful if the TouchPoint is used as an assessment that tracks right and wrong answers, where the correct answer would have a weight greater than zero and the incorrect answer would have a weight of zero.
Step 8 - Select if you would like to use a pseudonym.
- If yes, insert text.
Step 9 - Select if you would like to capture one response for multiple subjects.
- This is used for participant (multiple), entity (multiple), family, and collection subject types.
Step 10 - Select if this question requires an answer before being saved.
Step 11 - Set the question placement options.
Step 12 - Click the Save button.
Recording with this Element Type
Click the radio button associated with the answer you want to select. If the response does not require an answer, you will see the button to Clear Selection. This allows you to unselect any radio buttons selected. Questions that require an answer will not have this Clear Selection button because the form cannot be saved if there is no answer.
Pick one (one answer only), display choices as radio buttons in one column:
Pick one (one answer only), display choices as radio buttons in two columns:
Pick one (one answer only), display choices in a drop-down menu:
Check all that apply (multiple answers):