The Case Number may be used to capture any alphanumeric (letters and/or numbers) code that your organization uses to track participants. It is possible to make this field automatically generate a number, using one of the options below.
Set Case Number to View Only in Manage Demographics:
- Expand the Navigation Bar
- Click Site Administration
- Click Manage Demographics
- Check the Box "View Only" for Case Number
- This option will gray out the field and prevent a value from being entered for Case Number. Case Number will then automatically generate to match Participant Site ID.
If Case Number is enabled but not set to View Only, the Case Number will automatically generate to match Participant Site ID.