This page deals with a setting for individual questions added to form when managing TouchPoints, Collection Types, and Referral Forms.
When creating or editing a question, you can change the default formatting in a number of ways.
Step 1 – Navigate to the proper management page (Manage TouchPoints, Manage Collection Types, or Manage Referral Forms).
Step 2 – Either find the question you would like to edit or create a new question.
Step 3 – You will see three options for question placement:
- Show Question
- Question and Answer on Separate Lines
- Place the Following Element on the Next Line
- Show Conditional Rule Highlighting
You can choose to either show or hide the text of the question.
- Questions are often hidden in tables where the question is listed in the row or column header to indicate what is expected of the user
- It is useful to hide a question if the question is asked in a Message or Section Header just above the question
- By default the question will display for all element types. To change this default, uncheck the box to the right of this heading
Question and Answer on Separate Lines:
You can choose to either show the question above the answer or have them appear on the same line.
- By default the question appears above the answer
- To place the answer beside the question, uncheck the box to the right of this heading
Place the Following Element on the Next Line:
You can choose if two subsequent questions show on different lines or on the same line.
- By default, each question falls below the previous question
- To place the second question in a series of two questions next to the first question, uncheck the box to the right of this heading in the first question
You can select if a question is indented on the form and the margin of that indentation
- An indentation can be selected from 0 to 4.
- By default, each question has an indentation of 0
- To create a wider margin for the question, select a number from the drop-down to the right of this heading
- If two elements are placed next to one another (determined via Place Following Element on the Next Line), and an indentation greater than 0 is set on the second element, a larger space will appear between the two elements
Show Conditional Rule Highlighting:
You can choose if questions with conditional rules are highlighted on the form or not
- When this selection is checked off, any element that is managed by a conditional rule will be highlighted
- By default this option is not selected
- To enable conditional highlighting, check the box
Step 4 – Click the Save button to save any changes.
Summary: You can follow all of these steps in order to format individual question placement for TouchPoints, referral forms, or collection types.