As of July 2021, Bonterra has implemented a new feature for HMIS customers to ensure client program enrollments are linked to the correct family enrollment.
This feature is to be used when participants are enrolled in MULTIPLE families within the SAME site, but may have different family compositions for different enrollments.
To turn this feature on, follow these steps:
Go to Manage My Site (NEW) under Site Administration
Go to the Miscellaneous Settings tab
Check the box to "Enforce HMIS validation rules for TouchPoints and Enrollments"
Making sure the current enrollment is linked to the current family
From the client or family dashboard, click on 'Family Program History' for Family A (the old family)
2. From here, you want to make sure that Client A and Child A's enrollments in the ESG Night-by-Night program are "un-enrolled" from Family A.
3. Go to Family B's "Family Program History" and ensure all current family members are enrolled in the family for the ESG Night-by-Night program.
Question: What if an existing participant enrolls again, and is now the Head of Household?
For example, Client A is enrolled in Family A for their (previous) enrollment in the ESG Entry-Exit program from 1/1/2020 - 6/1/2020.
Client A then comes back for services, but by this time they have separated from their partner, and have another child.
You'll have to start with the newest participant in the family, so in this case, it would be Child B.
Go to Add New Family and add the information for Child B.
3. Click Save
4. Depending on your configuration, you should then be taken to the new family's dashboard.
5. In the Family Information section, click the Pencil Icon.
6. Click "Edit Family Name"
7. Enter the new family name and click "Save Family Name"
8. To add the other family members, click 'Search for Other's.
9. Type in the client name's and search, then add the members to the family one at a time.
10. Make sure the Relationship Type is set correctly for each client.
Once the family is created, you can go back to Client A's dashboard, and see their enrollment in both families.
Of course, family composition is very situational, so if you have any questions, please reach out to the HMIS support team at email@example.com.