Embedded reports are generally simple reports that display small amounts of important data in a short amount of time. These reports can contain links to other more detailed reports or links to other features in ETO like View/Edit Participant or a particular TouchPoint response. Embedded reports are a great way to display different types of data or graphs to your users without relying on them to actively run reports on their own.
As a note: To have reports display on the Group Dashboard, a filter needs to be included in the report for "Group Site Identifier." The text of the prompt needs to read "GID." This will return the report for just the participant whose dashboard is selected. Note that reports that include other prompts will not work with this ETO Part.
Step 1 - Set Up the Report
Make sure your report is saved to a Site or Enterprise folder where end-users can access it.
The Embedded Report Viewer allows for many more automatic filtering options. See below for the prompt text to include in your report filters to automatically run the report depending on the dashboard you land on.
- auto current date
- auto site name - user's current site
- auto program name - user's current program
- auto Collection name
- auto Collection id
- auto Collection type id
- auto Entity name
- auto PID - Entity Site Identifier
- auto Group name
- auto group unique identifier
- auto Participant name
- auto PID - Participant Site Identifier
- auto Participant site identifier
- auto Participant enterprise identifier
- auto PID - Staff Identifier
- form unique identifier - the Form ID (TouchPoint Unique ID)
- form response id - the Form Response ID (Response Unique ID)
If you're using the auto ID option and adding the report to the dashboard as an embedded report, your query can only contain the ID as a prompt. For example, the auto ID will not run in addition to a date range prompt. As an example, your query will need to look something like this:
You can have other filters on the report. They just cannot be prompted values.
Step 2 - To edit the Report part, click Edit Dashboard at the top of the page.
Step 3 - Select the report that you would like to display on the dashboard from the drop-down.
Step 4 - You can restore, minimize, disable, delete, or edit the part by clicking on the associated icon.
Step 5 - When editing the part, you can re-title the part and set the layout.
- Chrome State: Normal will start the part immediately upon landing on the dashboard. Minimized may work best for dashboards that take a long time to load, but will require the user to expand the part if they wish to view the report.
- Zone and zone index: Zone index is the ranking of the part in that zone, where zero is the closest to the top of the page.
Step 6 - There are additional properties that you can set here. Click Apply to confirm any changes.
- Choose the report height. For ETO Results reports, 200 is the smallest you can make the report part, though you can play with the page size and other formatting in the actual report to get it to display larger or smaller as needed.
- Choose whether or not to show a Refresh Report button or a View Report button, the latter of which opens the report in a separate window in ETO Results.
- Choose to cache the report or not.
- Choose whether or not to use the Embedded Report Viewer. The Embedded Report Viewer looks a little more like a standard dashboard part, but is a little more limited in terms of how formatting in Webi is displayed. For example, two tables on top of one another in the same report tab are forced to share the same column widths similar to an Excel document.
When you utilize the embedded report viewer in a dashboard, you will note that changes to the report in ETO Results are not automatically carried into the embedded version of the report. Take the steps below to send the updates made to the report to the embedded report.
- Go to Site Administration
- Select Manage Dashboard Templates
- Find the template with the embedded report part and click Edit
- Find the Report ETO part in the template
- Click Refresh Report Schema in the Report ETO part
- Click Done Editing