Setting the security for a release of information form is nearly identical to Managing Form Security for TouchPoints, Collection Types, and Referral forms. However, release of information forms have the benefit of an added "Revoke" functionality.
Revoke is a new option, specific to release of information forms, which will force the release form to expire automatically. Because a participant needs an active release form in order to continue to share their information across the enterprise, revoke is a powerful action users can take and should be considered carefully when setting release form security.
Step 1 – On the navigation bar, click on Enterprise. Then select Manage Release of Information.
Step 2 – Click the Security button at the top of the page.
Step 3 – Set the security settings for the first tab, which is Add/View/Revoke/Delete Own Responses.
You can set different security settings for the sub-tabs under the main tab:
- Add Responses - Limits which users are able to add new responses.
- View Own Responses - Limits which users are able to view their own previously recorded responses.
- Revoke Own Responses - Limits which users are able to revoke their own previously recorded responses.
- Delete Own Responses - Limits which users are able to delete their own previously recorded responses.To prevent all recorded responses from being deleted, remove all access by unchecking all selections on this tab.
Step 4 – To apply the settings to all sub-tabs (Add, View, Revoke, and Delete), check the box next to Apply settings to View, Revoke, Delete sub tabs.
Step 5 – Click the toggle (+/-) to open the different site names you have access to to see the programs and user roles associated with the site.
Step 6 – Check the boxes associated with the user role(s) and program(s) to whom you want to give permission. When you check the boxes, you are giving permission for that user role to perform the action(s) stated on the tabs and sub-tabs.
- To select all programs and roles on a site, choose the check box beneath the Program heading.
- To select a user role in all programs, choose the check box beneath the user role heading.
Step 7 – Click the View/Revoke/Delete Others' Responses tab and repeat steps 4 - 6 for these settings.
Step 8 – Click the Save button.
You can follow all of these steps in order to set release form security. Now, only the programs and user roles that were selected for a particular form should have access to it.
- Navigation bar > Enterprise > Manage Release of Information
- Click the Security button
- Set security settings for the Add/View/Revoke/Delete Own Responses tab and subtabs by checking appropriate programs and user roles
- Set security settings for the View/Revoke/Delete Other's Responses tab and subtabs by checking appropriate programs and user roles
- Click the Save button