Entity Referral Settings are used when making a referral to the Entity using the new Add Referral functionality.
Step 1 – On the Navigation Bar, click "Entities". Then select "View/Edit Entity (NEW)".
Step 2 – Search by full or partial Entity name, Entity types, subtype, or contact last name. The click the Search button.
- To see all Entities, leave the box empty.
Step 3 – Click on the name of the Entity to be taken to the Edit Entity page.
Step 4 – Click the Participant Eligibility button to set the eligibility for the Entity when using the referral features.
Step 5 – The Participant Eligibility screen will show the blank start of your eligibility condition. This page will constantly update with each selection you make.
- Parens - The opening parenthesis for your eligibility condition to determine the correct order of operations for eligibility conditions that contain multiple lines.
- Area - Demographics, Program Enrollment, TouchPoints, Workflow, or Release of Information.
- Parens - The closing parenthesis for your eligibility condition to determine the correct order of operations for eligibility conditions that contain multiple lines.
- And/Or - Used in conjunction with creating additional lines where further area(s) can be defined for the eligibility condition.
- And means that BOTH areas must be met for the eligibility condition to pass
- Or means that EITHER area can be met for the eligibility condition to pass
- Take Action - The first line of the eligibility condition will display only the + to add an additional line. Subsequent lines will display +/- to add or delete a line from the eligibility condition.
Step 6 – Select an Area from the drop-down menu. Your options will include:
- Demographics - Checks for a value in the Participant's demographics.
Program-level custom demographics are NOT supported. Site-level demographics are supported, however, the demographic will not work unless you have a custom demographic on the other Site with the same name and type (case does not matter). Enterprise-level demographics are fully supported.
- Program Enrollment - Check to see if the Participant is enrolled in the selected program.
- TouchPoints - Checks for responses in the selected TouchPoint.
If TouchPoints is selected, the engine will look for all instances of your criteria. For example, something like “not equal to X” would mean that if ANY response for that TouchPoint is “not equal to X,” then the condition will pass.
- Workflow - Checks to see workflow enrollment or if certain steps have been taken in a workflow.
- Release of Information - Checks to see if one is completed, expired, or contains certain categories/questions.
Step 7 – Once an area is selected, the page will refresh and a new section will be available called Available Values. Select a value from the ones available in the drop-down menu.
- Once an area is defined, the values drop-down menu will know the type of data that is associated with it.
- For example, if you select Demographics for the area, the available value options will have the demographics your Program/Site collects as options, such as Name, DOB, or Gender. If you select TouchPoints for the area, the available values option will have the TouchPoints your Program/Site collects.
Step 8 – Once a value is selected, the page will refresh and a new section will be available called Operator. Select an operation from the drop-down menu.
- Once the value is defined by your selection, the operator field will know the type of data associated with it. For example, text vs. numeric.
- Operator contains the following options (based on the type of data associated with it): contains, equal to, not equal to, greater than, less than, is null, and is not null.
- For workflows, is active means actively enrolled, not dismissed for any reason. Is active with completed step implies the Participant is actively enrolled with a certain step completed. Is not active will search for all Participants who were enrolled but no longer are or those who were never enrolled. Is not active with end date is used for Participants that are no longer enrolled in the workflow.
Step 9 – If certain operations are selected (such as Contains, Equal To, or Not Equal To), you must then define the value for the demographic to check against.
- The value field is required for any operator other than "is null" or "is not null." If you do not select a value, you will receive an error and will not be able to save the eligibility.
Step 10 – If necessary, click the + sign to add an additional line and select and/or from the drop-down menu under Take Action. The and/or column will auto-populate with "and" by default if no value is selected.
- Do not add more than five to seven condition options. Not only will it begin to become confusing, performance will be reduced the more options you add.
Step 11 – If necessary, use the parenthesis to set the order of operations for your eligibility condition.
- If your use or placement of parentheses is not valid, you will get an error and you will be unable to save until the error is corrected.
Step 12 – Decide if you would like the Program to enforce eligibility across the Enterprise. Only Users with the role of Enterprise Manager or higher can edit this setting.
- If yes, the system will evaluate the eligibility for the subject across the Enterprise.
- If no, the system will evaluation the eligibility only in the Site where the Program exists.
Step 13 – Decide how you would like the Entity to enforce eligibility when referring Participants to the Entity. You will have three options:
- Bypass the eligibility and allow the referral.
- Prevent the referral and inform the User if the Participant does not meet the eligibility criteria.
- Warn the User that the Participant does not meet the eligibility criteria, but allow them to do it anyways.
Options two and three will allow you the check a box that will display the eligibility in the warning.
Step 14 – Click the Save button to save any changes.
Adding Entity referral settings for an Entity will allow the new referral functionality to search for Entities that pertain to the Participant's needs.
- Navigation Bar > Entities > View/Edit Entity (NEW)
- Search for the Entity you wish to work with
- Click on the name of the Entity
- Click on the Participant Eligibility button
- Select an Area from the drop-down menu
- Select an Available Value from the drop-down menu
- Select the Operator from the drop-down menu
- Select the Value if required
- Add additional lines with the + if necessary and select and/or from the drop-down menu
- Use parenthesis to set the order of operation if necessary
- Select if eligibility should be validated across the Enterprise
- Select how eligibility is enforced when Participants are referred to the Entity
- Click the Save button