Batch Upload Tips:
- Check Securities. Is this an action you can take in ETO? Do you have proper securities to allow you to record/edit/update Touchpoint or participants?
- Start Fresh. Download a fresh template for Batch Uploads. Copy and Paste data without formatting,
- Double Check Data. Complete all required fields, duplicate check information, make sure dates are accurate, double check data
- Test. Upload 1-2 rows of test data to ensure a proper upload
- Upload. We do not recommend uploading over 600 rows at once. Larger files may take longer to process.
Step by Step
This option will allow you to either insert or update referrals via Batch Upload.
Please Note: There is currently an issue with an upload going through if you delete a column from the template. As such, in order to ensure upload success, do not delete any columns when attempting a referral batch upload.
Step 1 – On the navigation bar, click on Site Administration. Then select Batch Upload.
Step 2 – Under the Generate Template heading, select Referrals from the drop-down and then click the Generate Template button.
Step 3 – Select the site from which you want to send the referral from the drop-down.
Step 4 – Once the site is selected, the referral forms from that site will populate. Check the box next to the referral form you want to use for the referral.
- The form elements and questions will be the basis for the batch upload template.
Step 5 – Click the Generate Template button.
Step 6 – A prompt will appear. Select Open to open the spreadsheet template.
Step 7 – Insert your data into the template and save the spreadsheet.
Some Notes On the Referrals Batch Upload Template:
- There will be multiple tabs in the spreadsheet: The first for Instructions on how to use the template and the second for inserting your data.
- A spreadsheet will open with columns based on the fields that are required for a Referral Batch Upload:
- InsertOrUpdate - "Update" to change a current referral or "Insert" to create a new referral. This field is required.
- EnterpriseParticipantIdentifier, FirstName, LastName - Participant Enterprise ID is required and can be used exclusively.
- UserIDorName, UserFirstName, UserLastName - Either the User id, User name (format can be John Doe or Doe, John) or User First Name and Last Name of the user making the referral is required.
- ReferringProgramIDOrName - Either the ProgramID or Program Name of the referring program is required.
- ReferralTypeResponseID, Referral Form Questions - The Referral Type ResponseID is required if updating a referral. The questions are based off of the referral form you selected before generating the template.
- Projected Program Start Date - This field is required if this feature is enabled for the referral form)
- Services Area populated via the Services Provided feeder table - One column for each service needed. Yes or No for whether the participant needed the service. No is assumed if left blank (Field is not required).
- Referral Date - Date the referral is/was made. The date must be today's date or a future date (different than the Projected Program Start Date) (field is required)
- ProviderTargetIDorName, ProviderTargetType - Either ReferralTargetID (Either ProgramID or EntityID) AND ReferralTargetType ("Program" or "Entity") or ReferralTargetType ("Program" or "Entity") AND ReferralTargetName (Name of Program or Entity) are required.
- Dismiss from Progam, Reason for Dismissal - "Yes" or "No" in reference to dismissing the participant on the date of referral. No is assumed if left blank. The Reason for Dismissal should match one of the options in ETO.
- The file being uploaded may be saved at any time; be careful to remember where it is saved.
- The file can be renamed based on the user's preference.
- Valid file types for use with the Batch Upload feature are .csv and .xlsx.
- Note that if the .csv is the selected file type, commas cannot be included in the file (use find/replace to eliminate commas).
Step 8 – Under the Upload File heading, select Referrals from the drop-down. Then click the Select file button.
Step 9 – Find the file you wish to upload from your computer and click the Open button. Once it is ready, it will display "Done" with a green check mark. Click the Begin Upload button.
Step 10 – Click the Finish button on the confirmation screen.
Step 11 – Check the In Progress tab to see if your upload is in progress.
Errors – If there is an error in your spreadsheet, the upload will not be successful. From the In Progress tab, click the Fix Errors button in the Action column.
On the Error Summary page, click the Next button.
- You may need to expand a collapsed line in the table to see the errors.
Fix the noted areas in the "Did you mean...?" column by typing the the correct value or selecting the correct value from the drop-down and then click the Next button. Repeat this step for all errors.
- The first few columns will show you the information that you attempted to upload that was incorrect.
- The Count will show you the number of times this error occurred.
- The Did you mean...? column will allow you to correct the errors.
- You will not be able to click the Next button until all errors are corrected.
- If you must navigate away from fixing errors, your changes will be saved and you will not need to repeat your corrections.
Click Finish on the confirmation screen.
Success – If your file is successfully uploaded, you will see the information under the Complete tab at the bottom of the Batch Upload page. The upload type will be Referrals.
If you click on the File Name, you will see the log details for the upload.