These instructions are not meant to replace or supersede any training provided by your administrators. The pages that follow are written as basics for all customers and may not reflect the HMIS template or customizations for your particular enterprise.
Before starting to enter data it is best to understand ETO Language.
- HMIS Data Entry Process
- Search to see if clients exist in ETO already via Enroll Participants and enroll them as a family.
- Go to View/Edit Families to view details and program history for family members
- If necessary, add new clients (even single clients) via Add New Family. All HMIS Participants must be in a family.
- Record an Entry HUD Assessment Touchpoint for each client at project entry Make sure the Touchpoint is dated the same as the client's program start date.
- Record additional Touchpoints as necessary for the client and project type:
- Financial Assistance Provided (HOPWA or SSVF)
- Services Provided (HOPWA, PATH, RHY, SSVF)
- Referrals Provided (PATH)
- Veteran Information (SSVF) - a client only needs one per site
- Outreach and Service Contact
- Outreach and Services Engagement
- Aftercare Plans (RHY)
- Record an annual HUD Assessment Touchpoint within +/-30 days of the client's anniversary in the program.
- Record a HUD Assessment Update Touchpoint if something changes for the client (new job, new disability, etc.)
- Record an exit HUD Assessment Touchpoint when client leaves the project. Make sure the Touchpoint is dated the same as the client's program end date.
- Dismiss Families/Clients