This element is for TouchPoints that require follow up. Users will be notified via the To Do List that a follow up is expected. Administrators can set the follow up to automatically occur after a specified number of days, weeks, or months.
This form question is not available for approval forms.
Step 1 - Enter the question text in the text box.
Step 2 - Check the box if you would like the TouchPoint to configure an automatic follow-up date when a user submits a response.
- If yes, select the number of days/weeks/months after the submission the follow-up should be scheduled for and if it should be any day of the week or only weekdays from the drop-downs.
Step 3 - Select if you would like to use a pseudonym.
Step 4 - Select if you would like to capture one response for multiple subjects.
- This is used for participant (multiple), entity (multiple), family, and collection subject types.
Step 5 - Select if this question requires an answer before being saved.
Step 6 - Set the question placement options.
Step 7 - Click the Save button.
Recording with this Element Type
When filling out the date of next contact element type, you will have multiple options.
Step 1 - Select if the follow-up should be scheduled on your To-Do List or another user's To-Do List.
- If you have selected Schedule Follow-Up Alert to show up on Other Staff's To-Do List, you will need to select the program and the user account of the user you would like to see the alert from drop-downs.
Step 2 - Select the Alert Date.
- If an Automatic Alert was setup (from step 2 above), the date will be automatically inserted.
- You can also select the date manually by clicking on the calendar icon next to the date box.
- You can also click the +1, +7, +30, +60, or +90 links to add an additional 1, 7, 30, 60, or 90 days to the follow-up date.
Step 3 - Select the Alert Type. You can set the reminder to complete the current TouchPoint or to take a new TouchPoint.
- If you set the reminder to take a new TouchPoint, you must select a different TouchPoint from the drop-down.
Step 4 - Insert an alert note in the text box.
Note on follow up alerts: Disabling Touchpoints that have follow-ups linked to them can cause issues with staff To Do Lists.