Batch Upload Tips:
- Check Securities. Is this an action you can take in ETO? Do you have proper securities to allow you to record/edit/update Touchpoint or participants?
- Start Fresh. Download a fresh template for Batch Uploads. Copy and Paste data without formatting,
- Double Check Data. Complete all required fields, duplicate check information, make sure dates are accurate, double check data
- Test. Upload 1-2 rows of test data to ensure a proper upload
- Upload. We do not recommend uploading over 600 rows at once. Larger files may take longer to process.
This option will allow you to either insert or end participant caseload assignments via Batch Upload. Please note that Caseload Batch Upload cannot be used to modify closed/historic caseload data. Histrionic caseload data is not editable through the front-end of ETO,
Batch upload can begin new caseload records and end open ones. If you have historic caseload data that needs to be modified please contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Step 1 – On the navigation bar, click on Site Administration. Then select Batch Upload.
Step 2 – Under the Generate Template heading, select Caseload from the drop-down and then click the Generate Template button.
Step 3 – A prompt will appear. Select Open to open the spreadsheet template.
Step 4 – Enter your information into the spreadsheet and then hit save.
Be sure to delete the sample information and the instructions listed on the spreadsheet.
Some Notes On the Caseload Batch Upload Template
- A spreadsheet will open with columns based on the demographics that are required for a Caseload Batch Upload:
- Either participant identifier OR participant first name/last name/duplicate check demographics
- Either ProgramID OR program name
- Either Caseworker StaffID OR Caseworker Name OR Caseworker first/last name
- Caseworker Relationship: Value should match feeder table value
- Caseload Status: Value should match feeder table value
- Start/End Dates for the participant
- Reason for Dismissal: Value should match feeder table value
- Update OR Insert
- If another spreadsheet containing data for upload already exists, you may want to reference the template and copy and paste matching columns headers to help simplify the upload.
- The file being uploaded may be saved at any time; be careful to remember where it is saved.
- The file can be renamed based on the user's preference.
- Valid file types for use with the Batch Upload feature are .csv and .xlsx.
- Note that if the .csv is the selected file type, commas cannot be included in the file (use find/replace to eliminate commas).
Step 5 – Under the Upload File heading, select Caseload from the drop-down. Then click the Select file button.
Step 6 – Find the file you wish to upload from your computer and click the Open button. Once it is ready, it will display "Done" with a green check mark. Click the Begin Upload button.
- It is important that the data to be uploaded is in the first worksheet. Only the data in the first worksheet will be uploaded.
- For example, if there are 3 worksheets (which is often the case), the one farthest to the left is considered to be the first worksheet. Only the data on this worksheet will be uploaded.
Step 7 – Click the Finish button on the confirmation screen.
Step 8 – Check the In Progress tab to see if your upload is in progress.
Errors – If there is an error in your spreadsheet, the upload will not be successful. From the In Progress tab, click the Fix Errors button in the Action column.
On the Error Summary page, click the Next button.
Fix the noted areas in the "Did you mean...?" column by typing the the correct value or selecting the correct value from the drop-down and then click the Next button. Repeat this step for all errors.
- The first few columns will show you the information that you attempted to upload that was incorrect.
- The Count will show you the number of times this error occurred.
- The Did you mean...? column will allow you to correct the errors.
- You will not be able to click the Next button until all errors are corrected.
- If you must navigate away from fixing errors, your changes will be saved and you will not need to repeat your corrections.
- Additional Notes:
- Program Enrollment is not required. However, if a Program Name is selected to be uploaded then a Program Start Date or a Program End Date is required.
- Conversely, if Program Start Date or a Program End Date is selected then Program Name becomes required.
- A participant must have a Program Start Date (in ETO or in the upload file) if a Program End Date is included for upload.
Click Finish on the confirmation screen.
- The email address associated with the logged in user will receive an email confirmation once the file has been uploaded into ETO software. This email includes directions on how to retrieve the detailed upload log, as well as the number of records received and accepted.
Success – If your file is successfully uploaded, you will see the information under the Complete tab at the bottom of the Batch Upload page. The upload type will be Caseload.
If you click on the File Name, you will see the log details for the upload.