This element creates a box that the user can type numeric answers in. The administrator selects the appropriate number type, choosing from Raw Number, Percentage, or Money.
Step 1 - Select the type of number. You will have three options:
- Raw Number
Step 2 - Select if you would like to allow decimals in the answer.
- If yes, insert the number of decimal places allowed.
- If you selected money in step one, this setting will default to yes with 2 allowed decimal places.
Step 3 - Select if you would like to define the limits of the numbers allowed.
- If yes, select the minimum and maximum.
- You may also select a target number.
- Minimums and maximums can be useful for tracking items like GPAs, where the possibilities of the answer fall between a known range. Targets are useful when tracking scores, alerting the user that a target score has been earned.
Step 4 - Enter the question text in the text box.
Step 5 - Select if you would like the numeric values to be totaled over time.
- If yes is selected, the field will aggregate the total numeric value over all responses to the field for the selected subject for the selected form.
- For example, "Number of Hours Spent with Child" will display an aggregate total value as a point of reference when entering a new value.
Step 6 - Select if the numeric values should track an increase or decrease over time.
- This option will track change over time (chronologically) if the value entered in the field has increased or decreased.
- This option allows for easier reporting when looking for change over time.
- It can be used to measure things such as "Increase Savings" or "Decrease Number of Arguments with Partner."
- This type of measurement is required for ETO Analytics and standard ETO reports.
Step 7 - Select if you would like to use a pseudonym.
Step 8 - Select if you would like to capture one response for multiple subjects.
- This is used for participant (multiple), entity (multiple), family, and collection subject types.
Step 9 - Select if this question requires an answer before being saved.
Step 10 - Set the question placement options.
Step 11 - Click the Save button.
Recording with this Element Type
When filling out the numeric element type, simply enter numbers into the answer box. If your number doesn't meet the pre-defined limits (decimal places or limits), you will see an error.
Money: The dollar sign ($) will automatically populate to indicate that monetary values should be entered.
Percentage: The percent sign (%) will automatically populate to indicate that a percentage should be entered.
Aggregated Values: The aggregated value will be displayed directly below the field: "Total Over Time/Aggregate Value."