In Business Objects 4.2, there is a new feature that allows you to assign a cell reference to a particular cell to be used elsewhere in your report. This is similar to using a formula in Excel such as "=A25", where cell A25 contains an important value, elsewhere in the Excel file. This feature is useful for retrieving counts and other dynamic measures from the bottom of a data table for use elsewhere in a report.
To assign a cell reference:
- Build a table and pinpoint the cell that contains the value you want to reference
- Right-click that cell and click Assign Reference...
3. Enter a name, as you would for any variable, that describes the cell
4. Open the References folder in the Available Objects menu
5. Drag and drop the named cell reference into another cell