What is Idle Timeout?
If a user is inactive for a certain period of time, ETO will automatically log them out of the software. Inactive means the user has not clicked on any feature or submitted any data for a specific period of time.That specific period of time is considered the idle time.
How to change Idle Timeout Interval:
- On the navigation bar, go to Site Administration.
- Under Site Administration, go to Manage My Site (New).
- Click on the Security Settings tab at the top of the page.
- Scroll down to the middle of the page where you will see “Idle Timeout Interval in Minutes.”
- Type in the box how many minutes you would like your user to be able to leave ETO open without the page timing out.
- It is not recommended that idle timeout limit to be set for an extended period of time for security reasons.
- If your organization uses long TouchPoints, consider increasing the idle time so that the user does not time out. Recording a TouchPoint without clicking any other features or submitting the data considered inactive.
- Unsaved work is lost if a user times out of ETO.