Default User Role: Site Administrator
All queries that have been saved by users in your site will be displayed on this screen. The name of the user who created the query is listed. Once a query has been disabled, it will disappear from the list. To access the query again, click the blue link Show DISABLED Queries. This functionality is similar to other Manage screens in ETO, like Manage Demographic, Manage Survey/Assessment, and Manage Point of Service.
1. Shown in Drop Down
allows the user to determine which queries they have built and saved will show in the user specific “Select Existing Query” box on the Query Wizard page. If there are queries that you wish to exclude from the drop box, click to toggle to Not Shown in Drop Down.
The image below is sharing a query from the Status column, the one furthest to the right. This is the option used most often and it makes a link to the Query appear on the Custom Reports page. Check the box labeled Shared. Most users are fine with the Quick Link Flyout (similar to the links that appear when a program specific quick search results is clicked, the flyout appears in the Unique Identifier is selected to appear in the results) and Grouping (the ability to make impromptu pivot tables with query results) being enabled, check the box to disable those options. Select the lowest user role to have the ability to see the query on the Custom Reports page. Determine which programs, and for Enterprise Managers, which sites, should have the queries on their Custom Reports pages. Use the Control button on your keyboard to select more than one, or select Share with ALL Other Sites (which also includes new sites that may be added to the Enterprise at a later date).
Note that these selections are not related to the data that will appear in the query results, but dictate which users will have the ability to view they query.
3. ETO Part Source Status
The image below is sharing a query for ETO Part Source Status. It's similar to the image above, but allows the user to rename the query so that it has a different name on the Dashboard. By default, the part name is the same as the query name, but it can be made unique. Queries shared as ETO Parts can be added to both the My Dashboard and the Participant Dashboard. It's common for Employment, Referral, and Group focused queries to be built, saved, and shared as ETO Parts as there presently (03/11) aren't any ETO Parts for those features. Queries shared and added to the Participant Dashboard must have the Participant Unique Identifier selected, that is how the query is attached to the Participant. Queries with prompts do not work well with as ETO Parts.
The image below is for sharing a query for Report Source Status, meaning that the query results are going to be pulled into a Live Office report or into ETO Results as a universe. The Linked to ETO Results check box is almost never used for either Live Office or ETO Results. We recommend that you do not check that box unless you are specifically told to do so by Social Solutions staff.
Click to edit the name or description of the query. Note that if the query contains prompts, the description will appear on the screen with the prompts. It may be helpful to contain information in the description regarding how to use the prompts, or as a reminder of the focus areas, selections, and/or filters contained in the query.
Click to alter the scope, prompts, selections, filters, sequence order, or sort order.
- Scope: The drop down box at the top of the screen is for assigning scope. When a query is saved, that drop down box defaults to Program Access. It's a common mistake for users to not adjust the scope when saving a query. Queries with a scope of Program Access will pull data based on the currently selected program, Site Access will pull data based on the Site, Enterprise Access pulls data across all Sites. If the query is shared, all users who are provided access will be able to see data in the query based on the scope selection, regardless of their User Role and Program Access/Information. If the query contains filters based on program or site, the query results will reflect that.
- Prompt: The first column of check boxes is used if you want the option to view query results based on how (or whether) a filter is applied to a field. Prompts are most often used for date fields, like Date of Contact, Program Start Date, Date of Assessment, etc.
- Select: The second column of check boxes is similar to the column of check boxes that appears on the left side on Step 3 of the Query Wizard. If the box is checked, the field will appear as a column in the query results.
- Sequence: The order of the columns from left to right
- Sort: The order of columns from top to bottom. In the image below, the results will be returned in alphabetical order by last name, and within the same last name, by first name.
In 2010, enhancements were made to ETO that added two new columns that by default read Restricted in red font. It's very important that users select the correct "change" link as sharing queries for Report Source and Part Source disables the ability to Edit a query, which can be problematic. If you happen to make that common error, simply Copy the query and delete the original.
completely erases query, be sure that you want to delete before clicking Yes.
is a good option if edits need to be made to a query, but the Administrator is not comfortable making changes because they could impact the query negatively. It is also helpful if many similar queries are needed, with differences between filters or selections. It is important to note that when copying a query you have to set the options for sharing again (Report Source Status, ETO Part Source Status and Status) in order to run the copied query.