By default, when the same participant (with the same Participant Enterprise Identifier / ClientGUID) is enrolled in multiple sites, the participant can have different demographic data from site to site on the same enterprise. For some organizations, this can result in inaccurate and inconsistent demographic data. Sync Participant Demographics allows administrators to automatically sync participant demographics across sites. All changes made to participant demographics through the automatic sync process will be tracked in the participant audit trail.
Note: Enterprise-level demographics will not sync if the demographic is a part of a Program Group. To enable syncing, please remove the demographic's Program Group setting on the Manage Demographics page.
- Expand Navigation Bar (if applicable)
- Select Enterprise (only available for Enterprise Managers)
- Click Sync Participant Demographics
- Check the box next to "Enable Automatic Syncing" to automatically sync participant demographics
- When enabled, ETO will sync standard and Enterprise-Level custom demographics based on the configured settings in Steps 5 and 6.
5. Check the box next to "Do Not Overwrite Demographic Fields with a Null Value" to ensure that a field that does have a value is not overwritten
6. Select when the sync process should begin from the drop-down:
- Upon Save of Last Modified Participant Record in any Site: This option processes a sync request whenever a participant is updated in any site; all participant records in other sites with the same ClientGUID will have the demographics synced automatically with the most recently modified participant record
- Upon Save of Participant Record in a Selected Site: the option processes a sync request whenever a participant is updated in the selected site; all participant records in other sites with the same ClientGUID will have the demographics synced automatically with the participant record from the selected site
7. If the option "Upon Save of Participant Records in a Selected Site" was chosen in Step 6, a site will need to be selected from the drop-down. All sites in the Enterprise will be listed
8. Click Save
- Demographics should be "Enterprise Wide" and "Shared Across Enterprise" under Manage Demographics:
- Demographics should NOT be a part of a Program Group. Program Group Demographics cannot be synced across the Enterprise.