Batch Upload Tips:
- Check Securities. Is this an action you can take in ETO? Do you have proper securities to allow you to record/edit/update Touchpoint or participants?
- Start Fresh. Download a fresh template for Batch Uploads. Copy and Paste data without formatting,
- Double Check Data. Complete all required fields, duplicate check information, make sure dates are accurate, double check data
- Test. Upload 1-2 rows of test data to ensure a proper upload
- Upload. We do not recommend uploading over 600 rows at once. Larger files may take longer to process.
Entity Batch Upload
Insert new Entities: To insert a brand new Entity is very easy. Complete all required fields from your Manage Attributes page. The Batch Upload will recognize it is an insert from the Insert / Update column in the spreadsheet.
Update Entities in the System: To update an Entity choose "Update" and match your Entity with the Entity Site ID, Required Entity Attributes, and Duplicate Check Attributes from Manage Attributes.
Step by Step Guide
- Expand Navigation Bar (if applicable)
- Click Site Administration
- Select Batch Upload
- Under Generate Template, select Entity from the drop-down
- Click Generate Template
- Select the Site(s) and Program(s) to create the template for
A. Check the box next to Site Name to select ALL sites in the enterprise
B. Click the arrow toggle to expand each site to see the programs in that site
C. Check the box next to Program Name to select ALL programs in site
D. Check the box next to an individual program to only select one program
E. Use the navigation to move between pages for programs which contain more items than is displayed per page
F. Check the box next to a site when not expanded to check all programs in that site
G. Search and filter sites in the enterprise
H. Search and filter programs in a site
7. Select the Entity Type(s) to create the template for
8. Click Generate Template button at the bottom of page
9. Click Open on the prompt to open the template
10. Insert data into the template and save the spreadsheet
11. In ETO, under Upload File, select Entity from the drop-down
12. Click Select File
13. Locate file to be uploaded and click Open. Once it's ready, it will display "Done" with a green check mark
14. Click Begin Upload
15. Click Finish
Notes on Entity Batch Upload:
There will be multiple tabs in the spreadsheet A spreadsheet will open with columns based on the attribute that are required for an Entity Batch Upload:
- Insert Or Update: "Insert" a new entity or "Update" an existing entity. This field is required
- Entity Id Or Name: The name of the entity (new or update) OR the entity ID (update only). The Entity ID is automatically assigned by ETO when the entity is entered in the system
- Entity Type: The standard or custom entity types created by administrators via Manage Entity Types/Sub-types
- Entity Sub-type: Different sub-types are available based on the entity type you chose. You can upload the entity with multiple sub-types by separating each sub-type with a semicolon
- Entity Description: Enter a brief description for the entity
- Enterprise Level: Do you want the entity to appear across the Enterprise? Enter Yes or No
- Address 1, Address 2, Zip-code, Phone-number: Enter contact information for the entity
- Enterprise Level Custom Attributes: All custom attributes available at the enterprise level will appear
- Valid file types for use with the Entity Batch Upload feature are .XLSX
Entity Cross Reference Elements: Use Entity ID's to complete this column. The Entity ID of the cross referenced entity will populate the name in ETO. If a custom attribute is set to Entity Cross Reference, ensure the entity appears in the drop down when accessing the View/Edit Entity page.
Multiple Types: When uploading multiple entity types or sub-types you will need to use a semi-colon between types. There are to be no spaces before or after the semi-colon that are not written in ETO as part of the entity type
Multiple Sub-Types: Should be in this format: [Type] SubType;[Type] SubType. There are to be no spaces before or after the semi-colon that are not written in ETO as part of the sub-type
Multiple Programs: When uploading multiple entity program enrollments, each enrollment will have its own row in the excel file. This occurs on the last ta of the excel sheet. If you are uploading 4 entities with program enrollments in 4 sites, your program tab will have 16 rows of data. Semicolons are not used in this part of the sheet.
- If there is an error in the spreadsheet, the upload will not be successful
- On the In Progress tab, click the Fix Errors button the Action column
- On the Error Summary page, click the toggle arrow next to the Site Name. A list of errors will populate.
- Click Next
- Fix the noted areas in the "Did you mean...?" column by typing the correct value or selecting the correct value from the drop-down and click Next. Repeat this step for all errors
A. The first column will show the data uploaded. The Error Type column describes the error it produced. The Error Count column gives the number of times the error occurred.
B. You will not be able to click the Next button until all errors are corrected
C. If you must navigate away from fixing errors, your changes will not be saved
- Click Finish on the confirmation screen
- If your file is successfully uploaded, you will see the information under the Complete tab
- Click on the File Name will sill give you the log details