Feeder tables in ETO software can be customized to fit your organization's needs. Feeder tables are used to supply many of the drop-down or select boxes in the software. The elements that comprise these tables can be added or edited at any time. No version of ETO software utilizes all of the feeder tables, so you will only have to populate the ones that your organization will use.
Click here for a link to a video overview of this feature.
Step 1 – On the navigation bar, click Site Administration. Then select Manage Feeder Tables.
Step 2 – A description of a feeder table category can be added/edited by clicking the Desc. link in the Description column next to the category.
- This description will show when hovering over the feeder table in the different features of the software.
Step 3 – Click the Edit link next to any feeder table category to adjust or add items to it.
Step 4 – To sequence the items in the category alphabetically, select Alphabetical Order at the top of the page.
Step 5 – To sequence the items in the category manually, click the Set Sequence Order link.
Step 6 – Highlight the item you would like to move, then click the Move Up or Move Down button. When you are done arranging your order, click the Submit New Order button.
Step 7 – You can now select Sequence Order at the top of the feed table category page.
Step 8 – Click the Edit link next to any individual item in the list to edit it at the bottom of the screen. Click the Edit Item button to submit changes.
- Be careful not to write over an existing item if data is attached to that item. For example, if a Contact Location Method used to be Telephone and was changed to Home Visit, all efforts recorded with Telephone will now be Home Visit instead. Editing items should only be considered if no data was attached to the original option. It is best practice to instead disable the old option and add the new one.
Step 9 – Items in feeder table categories can also be disabled when they are no longer needed (as mentioned above). The current status of the item is shown next to it: "Enabled" if it is currently in use, "Disabled" if it is currently turned off. Click the current status to change this.
Step 10 – Add new items to the category by typing text in the open box at the bottom of the list and clicking the Add New Item button to submit.
Step 11 – Several feeder tables allow individual items to be scoped by program so they will only be available in applicable programs within your site. Click Scope next to each item to adjust this. This is not available for all feeder tables.
Step 12 – Check the box next to the program(s) you want the item to appear in. Then click the Submit button at the bottom of the list.
If no programs are selected, the item is assigned to all programs by default.
Step 13 – Several feeder tables allow individual items to be scoped by feature so they will only be available in specific features within your site. Check the boxes under the type(s) of feature(s) that you want that item to be available in. This is not available for all feeder tables.
- In the example below, the item Active Drug/Alcohol Use is the only item available as a reason for not accepting a referral in the referral functionality. All three items are available as items available in education functionality.
Step 14 – If you are an Enterprise Manager, you will have two additional options when viewing feeder tables:
- Check the box in the Required column if you want users to make a selection in the associated feature before being able to save any information.
For example, if Dismissal Reason is NOT checked as required, then dismissal reason will not be a required field on any site.
- Check the box in the Disabled column to disable that feeder table for either all programs in the site or all sites in the enterprise.
- Keep in mind that, though Feeder Tables are Site specific by nature, changes to Required/Disabled status in Manage Feeder Tables will affect the entire Enterprise as opposed to the specific Site in which the change is made.
The options for Required and Disabled are only visible to Enterprise Managers in Manage Feeder Tables. Due to the nature of the visibility, the impact of these settings are equivalent, affecting the entire Enterprise by design.
Editing the feeder tables to fit your organization's specific needs allows for you to better track your participants and create more specific reports.
- Navigation Bar >Site Administration > Manage Feeder Tables
- Click the Desc link to add/edit the description of the feeder table category
- Click the Edit link to adjust or add items to the category
- To sequence items alphabetically, select Alphabetical Order
- To sequence the items manually, click the Set Sequence Order link
- Highlight the item to move, then click the Move Up or Move Down buttons. Click the Submit New Order button
- Select Sequence Order at the top to order in the sequence you made
- Click the Edit link next to an item to edit it and click the Edit Item button to submit changes
- Disable/Enable an item by clicking on the status (the word "Enabled" or"Disabled")
- Add new items by typing in the box at the bottom and clicking the Add New Item box
- Scope items by program by clicking the Scope link next to the item Check the box(es)next to the program(s) you want the item to appear in then click the Submit button at the bottom of the list Scope the item by feature by checking the Program, Employment, Education, not Accepted Referral, Participant Match, or Caseload boxes next to the item
- If you are an enterprise manager, check the box to make the feeder table required
- If you are an enterprise manager, check the box to disable the feeder table