Custom rules give you the ability to set specific rules for features in ETO. Site Managers and above have the ability to create new custom rules and edit existing custom rules.
Creating a Custom Rule:
- On the navigation bar click on Site Administration.
- Under Site Administration, select Manage Site Navigation.
- In the top right hand corner select Manage Rules.
- Select the option for Add New Rule.
- Name the rule and select the type from the available drop-down list:
- Sites: Only the sites that are assigned to the rule will have access to the feature that the rule is applied to.
- Program Group: Only the program groups that are assigned to the rule will have access to the feature that the rule is applied to.
- Programs: Only programs that are selected will have access to the feature that the rule is applied to.
- Roles: Allows certain roles access to the feature. For example, if the role is set to Program Manager, then Program Managers and above will have access to the feature that the rule is applied to.
6. After selecting the appropriate rule types and naming the rule select the GO button.
7. Select the specific roles, program, program groups, and sites that the feature will be accessible for and click the > to move over to the Existing box.
8. Select GO after selecting the appropriate fields for the rule to be successfully created.
Applying the Custom Rule:
- After the custom rule has been created, find the feature that the custom rule will apply to.
- In the same row of the feature, select the second bubble which is “Show Using Cx Rules.”
- From the drop-down list, select the custom rule.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and select Submit to make the necessary changes to the site navigation page.